- Silicone and softer. Mimics the mother’s nipple.
- Comes in different sizes.
- Bottle Cap
- May be difficult to remove because it is slick; however, with practice and problem solving through techniques, it may be doable.
- Wide collar may aide an individual with limited finger function in providing them with more surface area to twist the top.
- Smooth texture on the collar could be difficult to screw/unscrew the top as there isn’t a raised area to provide traction.
- Leakage can occur if individuals do not screw the collar on correctly over the threads.
- Venting System
- Located in bottom of bottle and helps reduce colic, gas, and reflux.
- Top and bottom pieces are removable making it easier to clean.
- The bottom piece can unscrew to store the nipple for sterilization in the microwave.
- This can be time consuming compared to handwashing. However, no other bottle has this sterilization feature for the nipple.
- Large print measurements can provide a helpful visual cue for individuals when filling the bottle.
- The groove shape of the bottle can provide support for an individual with decreased fine motor or grasp control to assist in manipulating, holding, and moving the bottle.
- Other Considerations
- Parents report that regardless of anti-colic feature, air still gets trapped and can potentially cause a child to choke.
The bottom piece of the bottle can store the nipple for sterilization. Also has venting system to decrease colic. Easy to read measurements due to color contrast on the bottle.