- Lightweight and easy to transport.
- Machine Controls
- Larger buttons may make machine operation easier for someone with decreased dexterity/fine motor control.
- Ability to adjust the strength and speed of the pumping cycle separately.
- Has a timer feature with a reset option.
- Click here for assembly instructions
- Some SpeCtra flanges fit with Medela bottles.
- Increases the amount of breast milk production compared to the Medela.
- Pump is quieter than the Medela. Can reduce disruption of child while napping and may be prefered by those who have sensitivity to loud noises.
- Not as wide as Medela. Could be difficult for individuals with decreased grasp and manipulation skills.
- Other Considerations
- Breast shields come in a variety of sizes.
- Not covered by insurance requiring out of pocket payment.
- Assembly of pump may be difficult for someone with decreased dexterity i.e. place the tube from the pump to the flanges.
Requires out of pocket expense. Machine is quieter and promotes increased milk production compared to other brands.