- On both sides can provide additional support to grasp and transport box form one surface to the next.
- Box is large enough (2×3) to store baby supplies.
- Box is small to fit in smaller areas.
- Box is versatile to be used as a bed, which can make it easier to feed baby at night and change diaper, and to limit new parent concerns of keeping an eye on child.
- Easy to carry throughout the home. For instance, if a parent needs to shower and does not feel comfortable to leave baby in the crib the baby box easy is to carry into the bathroom while you take a shower.
- Other Considerations
- Reduced risk for SIDS.
- Can be used 0-6 months.
- Parents can order it online but have to watch 10 minute video to be train how to use the box and the starter kit to the box.
- Can be used as a baby registry option: thus can pick and choose which products to be included (i.e. baby wipes, diapers, bibs, baby lotion/shampoo, nasal tubes to clean nose, etc.)
CBS news article on Baby Box: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/baby-boxes-nj-promotes-cardboard-cribs/
Also see this artcile by “My Mommy Connections”:
Unique program providing new parents with baby supplies in a box that can double as a co-sleepr and changing mat.